"I liked having the opportunity to meet new people from organizations in and around Claremont. Without an event like this, it would be hard to coordinate individually and set up meeting times. It's a great way to meet a bunch of people who have a mutual interest in collaborating."
- Alexis Reyes, Sustainable Claremont
Nonprofit Lunch and Learns are collaborative lunches among representatives of nonprofits that feature one or more speakers presenting on a topic relevant to nonprofit management. These events are open to any nonprofit representatives in LA or San Bernardino county- they are free of charge and we provide lunch for attendees. Past topics have included grant writing, board development and digital marketing.
We are currently planning our 2017-2018 speaker series, please email us at SOURCE@cmc.edu if you have any suggestions for topics you'd like to see.
If you are interested in becoming a client, attending Nonprofit Lunch and Learns is a great way to meet our consultants and get acquainted with us. We encourage you to join our mailing list to receive invitations!
Past Nonprofit Lunch and Learns
- April 2017: Impact Analysis with Gemma Bulos (Kravis Leadership Institute)
- February 2017: How We Win with Scott Sherman (Kravis Leadership Institute)
- December 2016: Design Thinking with Fred Leichter (Sontag Center for Collaborative Creativity)
- October 2016: Board Governance with Pamela Gann (Former President of Claremont McKenna College)
- April 2016: Digital Marketing Strategies with Sarah Twombly (Blue State Digital)
- March 2016: Grant Writing with Jennifer Price-Letscher (Ralph M. Parsons Foundation), Patricia Watkins (Weingart Foundation), and Li-Ling Wang (Rose Hills Foundation)
- February 2016: Development with Josh Walter (VP of Lewis and Clark College)